Las Vegas shooting victims outraged over MGM’s lawsuit against them

Victims of the October 2017 Las Vegas shooting have spoken out after MGM (owners of the hotel from which the gunman fired) filed suit against them earlier this week, reports Amy Taxin of the Associated Press.

The hotel is declaring that it has no liability in the U.S.’s deadliest shooting that took 58 lives and injured hundreds.

Jason McMillan,36, was paralyzed in the shooting. He told reporters, “I just can’t believe the audacity. I’m not just a victim from the concert. I’m a survivor, and they’re not going to get away with anything. We’ll keep this going as long as it takes.”

“It enrages me to think that this company can just try to skip out on their responsibilities and their liability for what happened,” McMillan said of the insult.

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.
  • One World Observatory

    Learn more about the One World Observatory complimentary ticket program.

  • Categories

  • From the Newsletter

  • Upcoming Events

    1. COVID-19 testing sites in the NYC area

      October 13 @ 8:00 am - December 31 @ 5:00 pm
    2. Buy a beer on Mondays and support the Terry Farrell Foundation – Fort Collins, CO

      November 7 @ 11:00 am - December 31 @ 8:00 pm
    3. NYPD Officer Chris Bramwell needs a kidney urgently

      November 10 @ 8:00 am - December 31 @ 5:00 pm
    4. How to celebrate Thanksgiving safely from the CDC

      November 17 @ 8:00 am - November 27 @ 5:00 pm
    5. Warren Fire Department fundraiser for their 9/11 ceremony next year

      November 17, 2020 @ 8:00 am - January 31, 2021 @ 5:00 pm