To commemorate the 9/11 National Day of Service and Remembrance, Westchester County and the Volunteer Center of United Way present 9/11: Serve & Remember, a series of commemorative service events organized by local charitable groups.
Service projects will include:
- Donating sports equipment for our troops;
- Helping with upkeep at local parks;
- Donating blood;
- Helping with food drives
- Helping veterans’ charities;
- Serving at soup kitchens;
- Creating flashcards for local schools
- Painting and restoration work;
- Sorting and packaging clothing.
Dates, times and details will be posted on the website as they become available. Early registration is suggested.