9/11 Tribute Center programs are offered throughout the year. Lectures, educational workshops and support programs are available to unite family members who lost loved ones, survivors, Lower Manhattan residents, rescue and recovery workers and volunteers who assisted in the aftermath of 9/11. Visit tributewtc.org for a schedule of upcoming programs and events.
- This event has passed.
Westchester County “9/11: Serve & Remember”
September 3, 2013 - September 11, 2013
To commemorate the 9/11 National Day of Service and Remembrance, Westchester County and the Volunteer Center of United Way present 9/11: Serve & Remember, a series of commemorative service events organized by local charitable groups.
Service projects will include:
- Donating sports equipment for our troops;
- Helping with upkeep at local parks;
- Donating blood;
- Helping with food drives
- Helping veterans’ charities;
- Serving at soup kitchens;
- Creating flashcards for local schools
- Painting and restoration work;
- Sorting and packaging clothing.
Dates, times and details will be posted on the website as they become available. Early registration is suggested.