As part of the National Day of Service and Remembrance, Jersey Cares will involve around 1,000 volunteers in more than 25 projects to improve local communities from Saturday, September 7, 2013 to Saturday, September 14, 2013. There will be a special focus on volunteer projects helping active service members, military families and veterans.
Volunteers are needed for the following activities:
- Painting murals
- Assembling picnic tables and benches
- Serving hot meals
- Socializing with seniors and veterans
- Playing games with youth in afterschool activities
- Performing general landscaping to public parks and beaches
- Sorting donations
- Making crafts for military families and soldiers
You may register here.