9/11 Tribute Center programs are offered throughout the year. Lectures, educational workshops and support programs are available to unite family members who lost loved ones, survivors, Lower Manhattan residents, rescue and recovery workers and volunteers who assisted in the aftermath of 9/11. Visit tributewtc.org for a schedule of upcoming programs and events.
- This event has passed.
National Day of Service, Jersey Cares
September 7, 2013 - September 14, 2013
As part of the National Day of Service and Remembrance, Jersey Cares will involve around 1,000 volunteers in more than 25 projects to improve local communities from Saturday, September 7, 2013 to Saturday, September 14, 2013. There will be a special focus on volunteer projects helping active service members, military families and veterans.
Volunteers are needed for the following activities:
– Painting murals
– Assembling picnic tables and benches
– Serving hot meals
– Socializing with seniors and veterans
– Playing games with youth in afterschool activities
– Performing general landscaping to public parks and beaches
– Sorting donations
– Making crafts for military families and soldiers
You may register here.